Quality Assurance Manager
By Aptaris / September 2017Careers
Aptaris is looking for a team player to lead our quality team. This individual will work directly with our VP of Product Management to define processes and systems to deliver high quality software to our customers. As a central member of the Agile team, the QA Manager works closely with Product Management, the Development team and Professional Services to test and deploy the Aptaris software. This role is a perfect growth opportunity for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset looking for a diversified set of responsibilities in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including reviewing and providing feedback on requirements, developing test plans and performing testing in various staging and production environments.
- Develop departmental policies and operating procedures, as needed, to effectively execute the principles and responsibilities of software quality assurance.
- Lead and develop the software system testing process, resources, automation, and measure product development health by way of periodic quality assessment reporting.
- Develop and write automated test scripts for system regression (Nightwatch).
- Maintain a deep understanding of both the Aptaris system data and customer usage of the system.
- Assist in generation of use cases to ensure that all functional requirements of a system are captured during the product design phase.
- Liaison between the Professional Services team and development team to assist in customer data issues.
- Proactively identify issues and potential solutions to make processes more efficient.
- Identify opportunities to build self-serve tools that allow Professional Services to work independently on implementations.
- Track and troubleshoot issues and defects found during testing and work with developers until resolved or escalated.
- Coordinate customer acceptance testing on new features.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Must care deeply about software quality. This role is technical by nature and thus requires aptitude for the many facets of a complex retail system
- Demonstrated ability to quickly identify and resolve complex technical issues
- Strong analytic skills, troubleshooting/problem-solving skills, process focused
- Ability to take initiative and ownership and effectively manage time and work independently
- Organized and detail oriented
- Must have a solid understanding of software testing methodologies and procedures
- Must believe in data-driven approach
- Able to pick up new technologies and retail concepts quickly
Aptaris offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. Does this opportunity sound exciting and challenging to you and match your skill set? If your answer is “yes”, then we want to talk to you!
Aptaris is the world leader in enterprise promotions management software, increasing retailers’ profitability and delivering ROI never seen in retail software previously. To learn more about Aptaris, please visit our website at www.goaptaris.com.