Software Developer I
By Aptaris / September 2017Careers
Aptaris is expanding its Software Development Team in Rochester, NY. We are looking for motivated SQL/ASP/.Net Software Developers that enjoy working within a team environment to guarantee specific customer needs are met through the design of automation, documents, reports, and technical enhancements to the product.
- Design, develop, and test a set of requirements or features meeting defined specifications.
- Ability to verify and validate a set of requirements from a development standpoint before and during the design phase.
- Work with other team members to deliver web-based applications with both client side and server-side functionality.
- Develop and maintain programs, forms, interfaces, classes and have the ability to interface with 3rd party plugins or applications utilizing various methodologies and programming languages. [JS, ASP Classic, COM, C#, SQL Reporting Services, Bootstrap, J-Query, J-SON, Fusion Charts, Slick Grid, Backbone 1.0, SQL]
- The capability to debug, troubleshoot, and re-factor code as projects grow in complexity and/ or requirements change.
- Ability to work well in a flexible, dynamic, small-team working environment.
- Prepare, write, review and maintain effective system documentation.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development environment.
- Self-motivated with the capability to work without supervision when necessary.
- Experience developing Web 2.0/ AJAX-based applications including parsing and rendering XML and JSON data with DOM manipulations.
- Conduct unit, system, integration and user acceptance testing.
- Four-year college degree with Computer Information Science or other related technical discipline.
- Understanding of relational databases, specifically SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, including the ability to set up, modify and maintain databases, create queries or stored procedures as needed, and modify and maintain indexes and keys.
- Understanding of classic ASP, COM, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap and JS.
- Understanding of basic networking, server setup and maintenance.
- Strong desire to learn new skills and keep current with changing technology.
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment with strong communication skills.
- Experience with unit, system, and integration testing.
These additional attributes that make you attractive to us.
- Direct communication
- Ability to develop oneself and others
- Leading strategically
- Building alignment between groups within an organization
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of MS internet Information Services
Aptaris offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. Does this opportunity sound exciting and challenging to you and match your skill set? If your answer is “yes”, then we want to talk to you!
Aptaris is the world leader in enterprise promotions management software, increasing retailers’ profitability and delivering ROI never seen in retail software previously. To learn more about Aptaris, please visit our website at www.goaptaris.com.